Sunday, October 19, 2008

I think age is a very high price to pay for maturity

The post title is a quotation attributed to Tom Stoppard. He's the British dramatist and screenwriter who wrote, among other things, "Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead". I must say that today, I agree with him whole-heartedly. I have officially had to succumb to my somewhat advancing years. You read me correctly. A mere 4 days into being age 41, I have found that I need...

READING GLASSES!!!!

That's right. I'm going cross-eyed trying to work on a pair of socks for my niece and had the bright idea to try my hubby's reading glasses. Of course, I tried them just KNOWING that they wouldn't help. I wouldn't be able to see any better and, in fact, they'd make it worse.

I was wrong.

I'm sure some of you are surprised by that, but it's true. I can see the socks better with the glasses. I am crushed. It's official. I am old!

No comments: